[mod_cluster-dev] Proposal for new project name

Karm Michal Babacek karm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 16 09:00:44 EDT 2016

Hi Paul,
I kinda like the FloodTide name.

I'm willing to lend a hand with httpd modules (native part) and
porting docs, based off http://modcluster.io setup, content and tutorials.
I'm also the maintainer of mod_cluster in Fedora, the package that would
be affected.

Disclaimer:
 I'm bound to say that my effort is a community, voluntary one,
 unrelated to my current work assignments at Red Hat.

Lemme start throwing questions:

 * How do we refer to Undertow mod_cluster proxy implementation?
   Undertow FloodTide proxy? (indeed, any other name)

 * Are we going to get in touch with George Fleury who did mod_cluster for Nginx?
   Shouldn't we find engineering resources to build on current Nginx work (LGPL),
   rename it, update it, test it?

 * Could we seize the opportunity renaming brings and dedicate
   more Red Hat resources to the "reborn" project? The TO DO list is endless.

Cheers
-K-