[mod_cluster-dev] mod_cluster on windows

Michal Karm michal.babacek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 03:28:09 EST 2019

On 01/03/2019 07:07 AM, Munkh-Erdene Jargal wrote:

> Hello dear Karm
>
> Greetings from Mongolia. I’m working to implement mod_cluster in our Jboss
> server which is running on windows server. So I’m bit confused of how to
> generate *.so files such as slotmem.so, mod_manager.so in windows environment.
> Any response is appreciated.

Hello Munkh-Erdene,

You can either build it yourself or download our distro.
An important point is that you should use mod_cluster with httpd
it was built with.

Some links:

mod_cluster for ApacheLounge [1] server is here: [2].
You can also give it a shot with our *developer* httpd build [3]
with mod_cluster [4].

If you have some other httpd Windows distribution, e.g.
from WAMP or some other vendor, you might have to build mod_cluster.
Do not despair, it is fairly easy.
 - install Visual Studio
 - install CMake
 - unzip -devel version of your httpd (you need its .h files and .lib files)
Follow what we do on: [5]

Cheers
Karm

[1] https://www.apachelounge.com/download/
[2]
https://ci.modcluster.io/view/Windows/job/mod_proxy_cluster-2.x-windows/DISTRO=apache-lounge,label=w2k12r2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/mod_proxy_cluster-2.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT-d0c1337-apachelounge-2.4.37-Win64.zip
[3]
https://ci.modcluster.io/view/Windows/job/httpd-windows/166/label=w2k12r2/artifact/httpd-2.4.x-aba40a4-win.64.zip
[4]
https://ci.modcluster.io/view/Windows/job/mod_proxy_cluster-2.x-windows/DISTRO=jboss,label=w2k12r2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/mod_proxy_cluster-2.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT-d0c1337-httpd-2.4.x-win64.zip
[5]
https://github.com/modcluster/ci.modcluster.io/blob/master/windows/mod_proxy_cluster/build.bat#L67

Michal Karm Babacek

--
Sent from my Hosaka Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7