[netty-dev] Netty 3.0.0.CR5 released - Performance that rocks!

Frederic Bregier fredbregier at free.fr
Thu Oct 9 05:49:38 EDT 2008

Hi Trustin,

Surely I will!! Currently, I have some delay on it (openr66)
(not due to Netty but due to my own lack of free time).
What's left is the internal business part, not the network layout
and of course the following tests and benchmarks.

However, I am currently rewriting a previous code
(smaller and simpler) since we are in a hurry to
implement a net service to replace a "proprietary software"
that goes really wrong in production.
So probably my first testimonial will be on this net service
and not openr66...

On the anonymized report, I feel always a bit annoying
when a software is compared to other named software since
every one can write a benchmark that shows what we want
and doesn't show what we don't want.
Using anonymized report, for me, it is like to say :
"well, I feel like my project is better than others, here is
an example but of course, as I cannot say that every kind of
usages have been tested, it is only my way to see it, so please
don't come bad with it, just take it as it is."
It is a way to bring his/her stone within the science without
hurting someone directly.
And if someone wants to see the real product behind the anonymized
report, he/she can run the benchmark and un-anonymized it.

That's why I like such presentation. I have so many times
hurt people without intention, that I try for a while now
to keep as gentle as possible. It doesn't prevent me to
say what I think is better or not, but written messages
are often badly read by others.

Keep your good work!!!
I will try to come back when I finished the net service
with an example of "real application" benchmark as possible.

Frederic

-----
Hardware/Software Architect