Close client channel

Rahul Patil rpatil at fusionops.com
Thu Aug 20 01:43:59 EDT 2009

All,
I have been working on netty for a while now and really fascinated by its
flexible and powerful design.
Currently, I am running into one issue where I need some help.
I need to open multiple channels on the client, write some data to it and
then close.
I am using the same ClientSocketFactory and do bootstrap.connect() every
time I need a new channel.
One I am done with the channel I am closing it by channel.close().
However, when I do netstat I still see the socket with "Established" status.
As I keep on creating new channels (by bootstrap.connect()) the
"Established" socket count keeps piling up.
How do I close the channel so that it gets removed from the "Established"
status.
Am I missing out something here?
Please suggest.
Thanks