*TimeOutHandlers

Christian Migowski chrismfwrd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 03:12:24 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Trustin Lee <trustin at gleamynode.net> wrote:
> I was able to reproduce the problem Dave and Christian reported and
> have just checked in the fix.
>
> I'm still not sure ChannelReadTimeoutException should be fired only
> once while a channel is connected.  I think it's just fine to raise
> the exception periodically, and it's sometimes useful.

Really? Maybe thats where an architectural overview of Netty and its
design goals would have come in handy, are Netty channels "reusable"?
I was under the impression that you'll get a "new" channel when the
client connects again to the server or if you do a new connect() with
a client.

Could you outline a little bit why a Channel should raise the
ReadTimeoutException when it predictably will raise that exception
because there is nothing to read (channel disconnected)? You _can_
detect a disconnection with channelDisconnected(...), right?

regards,
christian!