HttpClient and Grizzly Comet Server

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 02:46:10 EDT 2009

On 01-Jun-2009 13:58, "이희승 (Trustin Lee) wrote:
> Hi César,
>
> On 01-Jun-2009 09:16, César Fernando Henriques wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working with the HttpClient example connecting to a Grizzly Comet
>> Server that send data back to the client in a persistent connection
>> every a specified amount of time or when a specific event is
>> dispatched.
>>
>> I'm testing with IExplorer and Firefox and the server works pretty
>> well. Now I'm trying connecting with the Netty HttpClient and I just
>> can receive the first message (Http Header) without content.
>>
>> I'm using the HttpClient from the netty examples packages untouched
>> (just added SSL support).
>>
>> Doing a telnet to port 80 I can start receiving data.
>>
>> If you want to see what I need to replicate open these url in the browser:
>>
>> https://proxy.alttab.com.ar/login/daemon
>>
>> and in a separate window
>>
>> https://proxy.alttab.com.ar/mobile/access
>>
>> I'm very new to Netty, so probably  I'm missing something.
>
> I think it's a bug in Grizzly Comet Server.

Actually, it's not a bug.  Netty waits until first N bytes (8192 by
default) are received to fire messageReceived event if the transfer
encoding is not 'chunked'.  Because Grizzly Comet Server does not use
transfer encoding for HTTP/1.0 client, Netty will wait for the first
8192 bytes before firing messageReceived event.

Sorry about the confusion.