HttpClient resuing the same connection

Dai Jun guiwuu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:57:54 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:29 PM, "이희승 (Trustin Lee)" <trustin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15-May-2009 17:54, rajks wrote:
>> Danny Tai wrote:
>>>
>>> But, please note
>>> HTTPconnection works in one way  communication. That means you can
>>> only send or receive  at one time. So if there are  many and
>>> continuous requests, it is a chance server cann't response
>>> immediately.
>
> Strictly speaking, nobody stops an HTTP client from sending a request before
> receiving the response for the previous request.  It's completely legal in
> HTTP and it's called 'Connection Pipelining':
>
>  * http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec8.html

Yes. I am sorry I made a mistake. By saying "only send or receive at
one time", I actually want to explain the one way communication in
HTTP connection not to restrict client's action. I am wandering how
NIO's asynchronous event-driven model deal with such a situation, when
server get a lot of continuous requests and should response to every
of them simultaneously. Is it arranged by the arriving order of these
events?