(SOLVED)Re: How to properly handle decoder chain in netty?

Frederic Bregier fredbregier at free.fr
Thu Jun 4 01:50:01 EDT 2009

Ok, my last note, it is just "decorative" but in case Netty does something
with it later on,
to be perfect, you should write:
@ChannelPipelineCoverage("one")
instead of
@ChannelPipelineCoverage("all")
since the decoder is used by "one" channel only at a time, contrary to other
handler
(like standard simpleChannelHandler") which could be shared among all
channels
(1 instance of handler for all channels = "all", 1 instance of handler for
each channel = "one").

Again, right now it is only decorative in Netty (to let know the reader what
is the purpose of the handler), so it does not change anything at runtime
neither at compile time...

Glad that you fix your code!
Cheers,

And thank again to Christian for the right info on TCP!!!

Frederic

Jiang Bian wrote:

> Thank you to both Frederic and Christian, the problem seems to be solved.
>
> I merged the two decoder into one JigDFSCommandDecoder and extends
> FrameDecoder.
>
> And as Christian said, there shouldn't be any corruption using TCP,
> especially I am doing the test through loopback.
>
> Here is my code, hope it helps someone else.
>
> package org.jigdfs.simulation.protocol.codec;
>
> import org.jboss.netty.buffer.ChannelBuffer;
> import org.jboss.netty.channel.Channel;
> import org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelHandlerContext;
> import org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelPipelineCoverage;
> import org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder;
> import org.jigdfs.simulation.protocol.JigDFSCommand;
> import org.slf4j.Logger;
> import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;
>
> @ChannelPipelineCoverage("all")
> public class JigDFSCommandDecoder extends FrameDecoder {
>
>     private final static Logger logger = LoggerFactory
> 	    .getLogger(JigDFSCommandDecoder.class);
>
>     protected Object decode(ChannelHandlerContext ctx,
>             Channel channel,
>             ChannelBuffer buf) throws Exception {
>
> 	if (!buf.readable()) {
> 	    logger.debug("not readable...");
> 	    return null;
> 	}
>
> 	if (buf.readableBytes() < 8) {
> 	    logger.debug("smaller than 8 bytes");
> 	    return null;
> 	}
>
> 	buf.markReaderIndex();
>
> 	int magicNumber = buf.readInt();
> 	if (magicNumber != JigDFSCommand.JIGDFS_MAGIC_NUMBER) {
> 	    logger.info("It's not a JigDFS message! " + buf.readerIndex()
> 		    + "; readables: " + buf.readableBytes());
>
> 	    buf.resetReaderIndex();
> 	    return null;
> 	}
>
> 	int command = buf.readInt();
>
> 	JigDFSCommand jigDFSCommand = new JigDFSCommand(command);
> 	Object decodedObject = null;
> 	switch(command){
> 	case JigDFSCommand.CHUNK_DATA:
> 	    decodedObject = new FileChunkDecoder().decode(buf);
> 	    break;
> 	case JigDFSCommand.SAVE_SLICE:
> 	    decodedObject = new SaveSliceCommandDecoder().decode(buf);
> 	    break;
> 	default:
> 	    decodedObject = buf;
> 	    break;
> 	}
>
> 	if(decodedObject == null){
> 	    buf.resetReaderIndex();
> 	    return null;
> 	}
>
> 	jigDFSCommand.setAttachment(decodedObject);
>

> 	return jigDFSCommand;
>
>     }
>
> }
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jiang
>

> Jiang Bian wrote:
>>
>> Frederic -
>>
>> Thank you for the answer.
>>
>> I agree with you on the first point. I did tried to extend FrameCoder the
>> very first time, I can't remember why, but it didn't work (i.e. probably
> [...]

-----
Hardware/Software Architect