Events

Yang Zhang yanghatespam at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:37:15 EDT 2009

Hi, is there an event handling framework in Netty?  I'm writing a
library on top of Netty that assumes asynchronous IO, so methods that do
such IO take a callback.  However, if for instance I can immediately
make the callback, and I don't want to simply make a recursive call into
the callback, how do I issue a new event?  (In Twisted, this is done
with reactor.callLater(delay, callback), where delay is set to 0.)

(More generally, is it possible to issue asynchronous delays/sleeps in
Netty?)
--
Yang Zhang
http://www.mit.edu/~y_z/