getting javax.net.ssl.SSLException: illegal change cipher spec msg, state = 6

Virat Gohil virat4lug at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:41:36 EDT 2009

Hi Trustin,

some more information about my setup:

I have about 3000 NE (Client), which connect to the server. The connections
are persistent, i.e the connections are never meant to be closed. you may
keep the connections open forever. and send a message from the client every
20 seconds.

As soon as the client's connection is accepted (i.e TCP handshake is
finished), the client will start sending the messages from its queue, on an
average the queue size would be 5 messages. so you may want to replicate
this behavior as well.

E.g:
1. Client connects to the server.
2. Client sends Message M1, waits for the server to acknowledge the message
(timeout is 5 secs).
3. if the server fails to acknowledge the message within 5 seconds, then the
client re-sends the same message. Else sends the next message.
4. The acknowledgment from server to client is at application level, you may
replicate by echoing the same message.

I am running Sun Solaris 10, with Sun's hotspot JVM 1.5.

Please let me know if you need more information on my setup.

Thanks,

Virat

I will either find a way or make one.