Recommendations

David Hoyt dhoyt at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 23 12:56:01 EDT 2009

I'm still familiarizing myself w/ the netty API. I love what I see and I
have all the basics down and have implemented a custom, binary protocol -
but now it comes down to knowing the available classes. How would you
recommend implementing a protocol such as POP? Here's an example POP3
session:
http://coewww.rutgers.edu/www1/linuxclass2005/lessons/lesson12/sec_6.html

Are there any classes that would allow me to react on a line-by-line basis +
maintain state b/t messages? I know I'll need a string decoder/encoder and
then I could parse out the messages myself - but if there's already
something out there I could use, that'd be great.

Thanks!