XNIO Examples

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 07:07:04 EDT 2009

On 2009-06-24 오전 1:49, David Hoyt wrote:
> Do you recommend XNIO over standard NIO when using netty? We've been using
> the NIO channel factories and everything seems fine, but we'll be needing
> multicast support soon and it looks like XNIO has better support for that
> (and we'll need it before JDK 7 comes out).

You can do multicast with OioDatagramChannelFactory actually.  Because
NIO does not support multicast yet, XNIO uses old blocking I/O like
Netty does IIRC.

> But I couldn't find any good XNIO examples. Could someone please point me in
> the right direction? Are there any multicast examples?

Hmm.. I tried to write socket clients and servers, but not multicast.
It's somewhat complicated to set up the XNIO transport, so I'd use
OioDatagramChannelFactory until further documentation is ready.

HTH,