only allowing one connection per IP address

Frederic Bregier fredbregier at free.fr
Sun Mar 22 04:23:02 EDT 2009

Hi Trustin,

I've started to re-implement with your guideline.
I've got some questions:

* the package name is ok with "ipfiltering" ?

* for handleRefusedChannel(), did you mean that any actions
other than closing could be done here? Or say in another way,
closing is still outside of this method in order to be factorized
whatever the action (or no action) is done in the method ?

* One thing however, which I state with a warning comment in the new impl:
If the implementation of the method write back a message before closing,
it has to wait for the termination of the write, otherwise it
could be lost since the close is immediately done after.
So it is just a warning about what the implementation have to be cautious.

* OneIpFilter data structure: do you think a hashmap could be ok?
I see what to put as the key (InetAddress since the port is not useful
there),
but as object ? InetSocketAddress ? Channel ? What could be useful ?

* On BannedIp, yes I agree that it should be more "generic".
I will spend times on CIDR since your idea seems very interesting.

* On the branch, I've got two questions:
  - what name to give to this branch ?
  - Am I correct if I do like the following in Eclipse (still not confident
with SVN):
    # first create a branch from Team menu from head status
    # then create a new project based on this branch and maintain its update
from
      this new project directly linked to the branch

Cheers,
Frederic

-----
Hardware/Software Architect