HttpChunkAggregator does not deal with 204 correctly

steview steve at jofti.com
Sun Mar 29 09:45:19 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am using the library to construct client connections and I have the following setup on the pipeline

pipeline.addLast("logger", new LoggingHandler());
pipeline.addLast("decoder", new HttpResponseDecoder());
pipeline.addLast("aggregator", new HttpChunkAggregator(1048576));
pipeline.addLast("encoder", new HttpRequestEncoder());
pipeline.addLast("handler", myHandler);

The server is returning a 204 with a chunked encoding

-RECEIVED: BigEndianHeapChannelBuffer(ridx=0, widx=196, cap=1024) - (HEXDUMP:..)
status:204 No Content
Date:Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:33:51 GMT
Server:AmazonS3
Transfer-Encoding:chunked

This response is never propagated along the chain (as I assume the chunk aggregator is expecting further chunks) so my handler times-out waiting for a response. If I comment out the aggregator I receive the response correctly.

This is the result of a delete request to the amazon s3 service BTW

regards
Steve