Adding ChannelPipelineCoverage("one") annotated handler to default pipeline

hezjing hezjing at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 03:53:06 EDT 2009

Hi

In the Javadoc of
ClientBootstrap<http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/netty/freezone/api/3.1/org/jboss/netty/bootstrap/ClientBootstrap.html>,
the first approach of configuring a channel pipeline will let the bootstrap
to "clone" the handler for each new channel.
When a handler is cloned, it means a new instance is created?

However the user's guide explained that with this approach, the same handler
instance is shared by multiple channels?

I think we should never add a ChannelPipelineCoverage("one") annotated
handler to the bootstrap's default pipeline.
Can Netty warns if the user try to add a ChannelPipelineCoverage("one")
annotated handler to the bootstrap's default pipeline?

Regards,
Hez