Transfering large file from client to server

bgoetzmann bgoetzmann at sophia.symag.com
Thu Sep 10 11:53:07 EDT 2009

Hello,

Recently I used the ServiceMix ESB in order to transfer large files between
two machines, each one executing my SOA application. This application uses
HTTP binding component and Web service component with MTOM support: the main
idea for me is that one component read a file piece by piece and sends each
one to the web service component that rewrite the file piece by piece.
I would like to do same with Netty!

I explored the example from the org.jboss.netty.example.http.file package
where a client send a GET request to the server that delivers a file piece
by piece.
In my case, in fact, I would like that the client send a file piece by piece
and that the server write the entire file on its side.
I would to get some lights on this approach; I suppose I don't need to use
HTTP protocol? What is the example that would be near of what I try to do?

Thank you a lot!

Bertrand.