How to control the Channel out of Handler object

olekg olekg at pbpolsoft.com.pl
Tue Sep 15 19:52:01 EDT 2009

Thomas Bocek wrote:

> Hi Olek,
> [...]
>
> Before using the channel future, make sure the future finished by
> calling chf.awaitUninterruptibly(); Otherwise you often see the default
> value of ChannelFuture, which is false.
>
> Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Thank for your answer.

I tried with various await... methods. When I disconnect the client, the
chf.awaitUninterruptibly() method hangs, but it passes when the client
works, so there is some progress. However when I use
chf.awaitUninterruptibly( 10000 ), I still have the same efect (when  client
disconnects) : I obtain "Error" message and "Null error object".

regards Olek