FrameDecoder

sohguanh sohguanh at yahoo.com.sg
Thu Sep 24 23:41:02 EDT 2009

Qn 1
DelimiterBasedFrameDecoder(int maxFrameLength...)

I have a custom protocol say a,b,c,d\n where \n is the delimiter but the
length for a b c d is varying so how do I specify a maxFrameLength if I
intend to use above class ?

Qn 2
I have a custom protocol such that it look like below

<start_tag><content><end_tag> where content cannot have same values as
start_tag and end_tag. I intend to use LengthFieldBasedFrameDecoder but read
the javadoc seem it works differently based on the length stored at the
header byte.

Do I have to write my own Decoder or can Netty consider to have such
start_tag,content,end_tag decoder class in the next release ? Like a XML
decoder class perhaps ?

PS the protocol is like xml tags where there is start and end tag with
content in between.

Thanks.