Proxy server example

Stephen Haberman stephen at exigencecorp.com
Fri Sep 25 20:52:07 EDT 2009

Hi Pavan,

pavanmedishetty wrote:

> I wrote a generic proxy server, with it ideally we should connect to any
> website and browse them.
> I am attaching source here.
> -Pavan Medishetty

I'm starting to work on a proxy server--thanks for posting your example.

I'm curious though--you start up the server with only 1 pipeline instance,
not a pipeline factory. Technically, your handlers all have
ChannelPipelineCoverage("all") documented...but are they really stateless?

Specifically, InboundHandler's previousHost and RequestHandler's msgObj both
seem like channel-specific state. Are you expecting your proxy to handle
only 1 channel at a time?

Or am I missing something and your handlers really are multi-channel safe?

Thanks,
Stephen