Increasing the buffer size when receiving messages

christoforever christoforever at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 11:11:49 EDT 2010

To solve this problem this is what I've done:

bootstrap.setOption("child.receiveBufferSizePredictor",
			new AdaptiveReceiveBufferSizePredictor(2097152,5242880,10485760));

After digging through the forums and documentation this seemed to be the
only way. The variables passed are all in total bytes ( the first is 2 mb,
the second is 5 mb ). This seems to be working for the time being but
anything over 5mb is ignored even though I set the max limit to 10 mb. I
have not dived into the source code yet to get a better grasp of what's
going on behind the scenes but this did work. Can anyone comment on if this
in fact the proper way to go about setting the incoming buffer size? Can
anyone give reason as to why there can't be a variable length option instead
of having to manually specify the incoming length?