Specifying Accept Timeouts on Server Sockets

Sai Pullabhotla sai.pullabhotla at jmethods.com
Thu Aug 12 11:51:27 EDT 2010

Hello,

Is there a way to specify accept timeouts on server sockets? For
example, an FTP server would typically listen on a random port in
response to a PASV command from the client. If for some reason, the
client does not open the connection to this passive port in a
specified amount of time, I would like to shutdown the listener and
free up the port/resources. Java's plain ServerSockets make use of the
SO_TIMEOUT methods to achieve this. But, I did not find any equivalent
in Netty. Can some one tell me if this is supported and steer me in
the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sai.