Read timeout errors in infinite loop

javadevmtl java.dev.mtl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:10:48 EDT 2010

So removing ReadTimeoutHandler completely from my application seems to work
well. So far I have not been able to use ReadTimeoutHandler without issues.
So either I'm using it wrong and don't understand it or it has issues.

Simply put I want to make sure that if the client doesn't send the right
amount of bytes/protocol, that the server can handle it. So far I sent 30
requests to the server where the protocol is wrong and I can see in
JVisualVM that the 8 worker threads are running 100% of the time but cpu
looks ok.

Client hasn't timed out yet. Is that because I have keepalive set on the
server?