Warmup Handshake Timeouts

mrochon mattrochon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:59:00 EDT 2010

Hmm what if I pre-prepared a certain number of ssl engines to be used as well
as increasing the number of idle thread. I mean theres no perfect solution
to this I simply want to up the number of concurrent handshakes I can spike.

Our clients don't often reestablish connections and while we do use session
resumption it is not a Java client so I will not be able to control that
side.

The error we are seeing is:

client[/127.0.0.1:3150] failed tls handshake

then immediately after:

renegotiation disabled FROM: /127.0.0.1:3150

Which only happens when spiking a large number of handshakes to an idle
server.

Offloading the engine creating will not solve the problem because it will
involve overhead in terms of spinning up new threads when necessary.