Problem with 700 users connections

David dekana at neotech.ge
Tue Jun 7 05:54:29 EDT 2011

Hello Trustin

We use Netty 3.2.2 and we are satisfied with communication. We moved to a
Linux server ( Ubuntu 10.04) and for testing created simulation platform
which tries to create clients and communicate with server. When creating
clients up to 500, we have no problem and everything is working fine. But
when adding more than 500 clients ( from 500 to 700 ) the server freezes and
don't add more clients. The server communicated without any problem with
connected clients, but doesn't add new clients. We don't know exactly if the
problem is in the OS or in software. Do you know or can help us with this
problem?

We are using following Parameters:

    ChannelFactory factory = new NioServerSocketChannelFactory(
                    Executors.newCachedThreadPool(),
                    Executors.newCachedThreadPool());
    // instance Bootstrap object
    bootstrap = new ServerBootstrap(factory);

    bootstrap.setPipelineFactory(new GPSPipelineFactory(listener));

    // set bootstrap propertys
    bootstrap.setOption("reuseAddress", true);
    bootstrap.setOption("tcpNoDelay", true);
    bootstrap.setOption("keepAlive", true);
    bootstrap.setOption("receiveBufferSize", BUFFER_SIZE);  // 1048576
    bootstrap.setOption("sendBufferSize", BUFFER_SIZE);
    bootstrap.setOption("oobInline", false);