org.jboss.netty.internal.LoggerConfigurator is already installed error

Ross Lambert rlambert at demand-energy.com
Tue Jun 7 11:35:23 EDT 2011

Figured it out... Netty creates a bean for logging in META-INF/jboss-beans.xml:

  <bean name="org.jboss.netty.internal.LoggerConfigurator"
        class="org.jboss.netty.container.microcontainer.NettyLoggerConfigurator" />

Changing the name to something unique to each servlet took care of the problem.

Maybe this was obvious, but I've been using Netty as a black box and haven't really cracked the code yet (darn good black box, BTW... thanks again, Tristin). Hopefully this helps somebody else who has the same issue.

== Ross ==

Ross W. Lambert, Senior Software Engineer
Demand Energy Networks, Inc.
Liberty Lake, WA