Adding SO_ORIGINAL_DST option

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:28:38 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I am testing out netty for a project of mine which runs under linux as
a transparent proxy. Since this is a transparent proxy I am using
iptables to redirect connections to my program and use

getsockopt(ctx->client.fd, SOL_IP, SO_ORIGINAL_DST, &SANY_ADDR(addr),
&SANY_LEN(addr))

to get the original destination ip address to which my program connects.

Now I am looking for similar functionality under netty.
SocketChannelConfig has implemented socket options which are supported
by Java, Since SO_ORIGINAL_DST is not supported by Java, what would be
a good course of action for me to proceed?

Thanks and regards,

raj