Execute TimerTask in frequent intervals

Olivier ROLAND olivier.roland at laposte.net
Fri Jun 24 17:09:27 EDT 2011

Note that the timer is created with the default thread factory outside the pipeline and then pass to the pipeline.
It's a shared instance for all your handler.

You will get problem only if you create the time in your handlers.

See HashedWheelTimer Javadoc. There is a warning for that common mistake.