TCP Client using correlation ID

bigvision thecikks at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:54:50 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am working on designing a TCP client that will send multiple requests to a
server and then receive responses in an arbitrary order. The client needs to
match the response to the request based on a correlation/transaction id that
is part of the payload.

Netty seems like a good solution, and I have been looking at some good
examples. But all the examples I have seen seem to be assuming that

Does anyone have a suggestion for this design, or even better, a code
example?

Thanks very much.
David