NioWorker unexpected exception in selector loop.

beric ericbouer at gmail.com
Sun May 15 12:07:18 EDT 2011

Hello.
I know this has been asked before but I still can't fix it.
I'm getting  this exception when writing to a channel that is attached using
a SimpleUplstreamHandler to another channel:

May 15, 2011 6:16:37 PM org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker
WARNING: Unexpected exception in the selector loop.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.write0(NioWorker.java:503)
	at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.writeFromTaskLoop(NioWorker.java:392)
	at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel$WriteTask.run(NioSocketChannel.java:276)
	at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processWriteTaskQueue(NioWorker.java:268)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:199)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I get this exception only when using each channel with a different handler.
If I use the same handler for both than everything is OK.

I tried switching to sun jvm and I'm still getting this error.
What can be the cause of such an exception?