How to get HTML content from HttpResponse?

Bruno de Carvalho kindernade at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:17:58 EDT 2011

When you receive a HttpResponse, you must create a new buffer (let's call it 'body') with the capacity announced in the Content-Length header - assuming it's greater than zero.

Then, for every HttpChunk you receive, you must append the contents of the chunk's buffer (chunk.getContent()) to 'body'. When you receive the last chunk (you it's the last when chunk.isLast() returns true) you can finally retrieve the contents of 'body' with something like:

    body.toString(CharsetUtil.UTF_8); // this assumes the content is text...

Cheers,
  Bruno