[resteasy-dev] SerializableProvider to be deprecated?

Katerina Novotna kanovotn at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 08:40:43 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I would like to start discussion whether org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.providers.SerializableProvider should be deprecated.

This provider is disabled by default in resteasy since RESTEASY-1269, marked as potentially unsafe. The question is whether we should continue to support it?
There are other ways to pass custom objects into jaxrs methods like send it in json or xml format and use jaxb or jackson2 providers..

WDYT?

Cheers,
Katka