[resteasy-dev] tjws

Weinan Li weli at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 07:08:44 EDT 2016

--
Weinan Li / JBoss

> On Jun 1, 2016, at 7:05 PM, Weinan Li <weli at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> --
> Weinan Li / JBoss

>>> +1 to deprecate it and migrate our tests still using the tjws fully to RESTEasy's cool undertow container :-)
>>>

>> Conclusion here on resteasy-dev list was, that we will use WildFly (not Undertow container). See this mail from Alessio: http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/resteasy-dev/2016-May/000008.html
> I still feel that using wildfly for *all* the tests is overkill (anyway wildfly is using undertow).
By using undertow for one part of tests, we also gain benefit that we could keep improving our resteasy-undertow adapter.

Currently we have three main adapters:

- undertow adapter
- netty adapter
- sun jdk adapter

The undertow adapter is fully covered by JBoss community. Considering the current popularity of JBoss Swarm, I feel that these lightweight and modular solution will be more and more popular.

(Just some personal views)