[resteasy-dev] RESTEASY-1486 and jackson

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 16:37:34 EDT 2016

Il 27/09/2016 18:10, Ron Sigal ha scritto:
> Hi Alessio,
>

> On 09/26/2016 05:45 PM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
>> Il 26/09/2016 22:47, Ron Sigal ha scritto:
>>> I see in https://access.redhat.com/articles/2158031 "JBoss Enterprise
>>> Application Platform (EAP) 7 Included Modules" that jackson modules are
>>> listing as "private" and jackson2 modules are "public".
>>>
>>> Is that also true for Wildfly 10? I'm not sure how to tell. I see,
>>> though, that
>>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY10/Implicit+module+dependencies+for+deployments
>>> references org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jackson-provider.
>>>
>>> What I'm asking, really, is: Do we need to support jackson?
>> Considering Jackson 2 was released in March 2012, I would say we should
>> start moving away from jackson 1.x... (excluding the module in WildFly?
>> marking it as deprecated?)
> Ok, so, given that jackson 2 is now the default in both EAP and Wildfly,
> I think we can remove it from resteasy-jboss-modules-wf-<version>.zip.
> If we do another 3.0.x release, we could deprecate it there and just
> remove it altogether from 3.1.0.Final. Any plans for another 3.0.x release?
Honestly I was thinking next community release will be 3.1.0.CR1 and
then Final, which will effectively stop 3.0.x community releases.
Let's deprecate it in 3.1 and remove in next minor or major.

>> This said, going back to RESTEASY-1486, please see my first comment
>> there. I believe JacksonJsonpInterceptor / Jackson2JsonpInterceptor is
>> not enabled by default, despite the jackson / jackson2 modules being
>> implicitly added as dependencies to the user deployments [1]. The
>> META-INF/services/javax.ws.rs.ext.Providers in there does not list the
>> jsonp interceptor, so I believe the user needs to explicitly ask for the
>> provider to be installed (in the web.xml or programmatically). Am I  wrong?
> Right (as Katerina says later in this thread). In RESTEASY-1486, though,
> someone has created a war with resteasy-jackson2-provider-<version>.jar
> and deployed it to tomcat, and the Jackson2JsonpInterceptor gets
> installed. I haven't drilled all the way down, but I've replicated the
> behavior.
That's most likely because by doing that way the resteasy jars there end
up being loaded by the same (non-modular) classloader of the user code,
so all available annotated providers are installed.

>   So I've added a context parameter that has to be set to "true"
> for Jackson2JsonpInterceptor to append the function call.
Fine

Thanks
Alessio