[resteasy-dev] Testsuite question

Ron Sigal rsigal at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 19:53:32 EDT 2017

This question arises from RESTEASY-1617 "Add support for injection in
constraint validators on Java SE". We already use a CDI aware
ValidatorFactory in the context of Wildfly / EAP, but not in Java SE.

My question is: where do I test this new facility? I've got a test that
makes an invocation to an embedded instance of Undertow. We have
resteasy-integration-tests for running tests on Wildfly, which isn't
appropriate in this case. We also have resteasy-unit-tests, but my
understanding is that it's not for tests that make network invocations.

We could create a new test module for running tests with embedded
servers. Or I could just put it in resteasy-integration-tests and forget
about it.

It's not a big deal, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Ron

--
My company's smarter than your company (unless you work for Red Hat)