[resteasy-dev] netty / undertow tests in RESTEasy testsuite

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 05:15:29 EDT 2018

Considering we're talking about dependencies that final user are expected /
not expected to have in their app, another option would be to add
"examples" in the resteasy-examples repository. Btw, we should also verify
that everything is still working there.

Cheers

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 4:25 AM Ron Sigal <rsigal at redhat.com> wrote:

> Well, what I've got now is a new module with three separate submodules,
> for resteasy-netty, resteasy-netty4, and resteasy-undertow. Maybe there's a
> way to do it using profiles, but I don't see it yet.
>
> On 10/16/2018 03:18 PM, Rebecca Searls wrote:
>
> I understand where you are coming from not wanting to create a new module
> just for 1 test
> but I also prefer not mixing such unrelated code in with existing modules
> just to avoid it.  I think a
> new module would be good here.   It makes it very clear these are
> different.  It does not mix specifying
> jboss-servlet-api_3.1_spec with code that does not require it.  And over
> time there may be the need to add more tests for these.   I vote new module.
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 1:56 PM Ron Sigal <rsigal at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> For RESTEASY-2041 "Refactor scopes for Servlet API jar" I want to write
>> tests that use netty and undertow, but I'm not sure where to put them.
>> They clearly don't go in testsuite/integration-tests, and it's not clear
>> that they go in testsuite/unit-tests, which doesn't reference
>> resteasy-netty, resteasy-netty4, or resteasy-undertow. Seems a little
>> crazy to create a new module just for one test.
>>
>> And they can't go in resteasy-netty, resteasy-netty4, or
>> resteasy-undertow, because the point of the tests is to check that each
>> of them "exports" jboss-servlet-api_3.1_spec to other modules.
>>
>> I'm leaning towards testsuite/unit-tests.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> --
>> My company's smarter than your company (unless you work for Red Hat)

> My company's smarter than your company (unless you work for Red Hat)

Alessio Soldano

Associate Manager

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com>