[resteasy-dev] Performance issues with async/CompletionStage/RxJava

Stephane Epardaud stef at epardaud.fr
Thu Oct 18 08:56:32 EDT 2018

Hi,

I was doing some benchmarks with gatling and came across very strange
results where if I have a REST endpoint with normal result types I get
1200 requests per second, but if I return those results inside RxJava's
Single (with Single.just()) I get about 250 requests per second, and if
I change that with CompletionStage (using
CompletableFuture.completedFuture()) I get about 310 requests per second.

Frankly I'm not sure how to go about finding out why we have such a
difference, and whether we can mitigate it, but we should definitely
try. How do you usually tackle these problems? Any help?

Thanks, cheers.