Change in resource packaging

Michal Petrov richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org
Mon Nov 4 05:58:10 EST 2013

Hi all,

we needed to split Core and UI packed resources for RF 5 to work with RF 4.5 (RF-13280 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RF-13280)). To achieve this I have changed the pack parameter of the resource plugin to accept a string (filename) instead of a boolean.

This should not cause any issues with current configurations since users should not be referencing the packed files directly (they will only end up being named true.js/true.css instead of packed.js/…). It will however cause an issue where packing is explicitly disabled (i.e. <pack>false</pack>). The old parameter defaulted to false so there was no reason for doing this but I noticed we were doing in RF 4 anyway. Are we expecting this to be a significant case?

Michal

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/844299#844299