jQuery.js conflict between RF 4.5 and 5.0

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 14:01:29 EST 2013

The jQuery version we use in RichFaces 5 is currently pinned by the
jQuery requirements of RichFaces 4.5.  Idealy we would port the RF 4.5
to use the newer jQuery, however this will only take us so far, as
jQuery 2.x drops support for older IE browsers [1], some of which are
targets for RichFaces 4 [2].

A flexible solution to this problem that would allow the RF 4.5 and RF 5
to use separate jQuery versions (in a compatible way).  For an example
of how we can achieve this, see [3].

This however would not resolve any conflicts in jQuery UI plugins.
Before proceeding down this path we should grep the codebase and
identify where such a conflict can be expected, and an assessment made
to determine if they can be worked-around.

Thoughts?

Brian

[1] http://jquery.com/browser-support/
[2]