[richfaces-dev] In search of the best way to include RichWidgets resources in RichFaces

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 17:56:58 EDT 2013

On Mon 14 Oct 2013 01:27:35 PM PDT, Lukas Fryc wrote:

> +1 for interim solution
>
> Just note another advantage of maven/grunt integration is leveraging
> testing tooling,
>
> e.g. just hit an issue with richfaces.js, I would love to cover it by
> tests, but there is nothing who would perform it atm.

As I come to implement this, I realize the resource copy is not
one-to-one, and benefits from being scripted to stay reproducible. This
naturally made me think of grunt ;)

I propose placing a grunt project in framework/src/js that has
RichWidgets as a bower dependency.  We could then create a grunt task to
build RichWidgets and copy the resources into the
framework/src/resources tree.  The grunt script could be run whenever we
wanted to update the resources in the framework/src/resources tree.

It's a little bit gross that we would be mixing a non-maven project
within a maven project.  However since the alternative is a bash or ant
script to copy the resources the point is moot.

I'll PoC this, and see how it looks.

Brian