Adopting CKEditor 4

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:58:46 EST 2014

Hey guys,

I have evaluated CKEditor in version 4 as we are going to update in
RichFaces 5.

Note: RichFaces 4 use CKEditor 3.x

The issue is tracked here:

https://github.com/richwidgets/richwidgets/issues/175

Notable additions:
=============

* CKEditor now has new inline mode which works with contenteditable areas
http://ckeditor.com/demo#widgets

Caveats:
======

Skins:
---------
The skins known from CKEditor 3 are NOT part of CKEditor 4.

There is a new Moono skin that is the only one that is bundled with a
distribution. There is a ported Kama style that isn't part of distribution.

I think we should go with this default option and see whether it poses a
problem for our users. If they want, they can always attach any other skin.

Cheers,

~ Lukas