File upload widget?

Michal Petrov richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org
Thu Feb 20 08:42:07 EST 2014

I've found another way around this.

The issue is that by sending a custom XHR the ApplyRequestValues phase doesn't decode the fileUpload (https://github.com/richfaces/richfaces/blob/master/framework/src/main/java/org/richfaces/ui/input/fileUpload/FileUploadRendererBase.java) component (where server-side checking happens and FileUploadEvents are enqueued).

The JSF documentation (https://javaserverfaces.java.net/nonav/docs/2.2/jsdocs/symbols/jsf.ajax.html#.request) describes how to make a custom request and have it recognized on the server; I've implemented (https://github.com/richfaces/richfaces/blob/RF-13514-fileupload-progress-update/framework/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/org.richfaces/input/fileUpload/fileupload.js) this in the current fileUpload. The progress events do not fire as expected but I think that's because I'm sending the request to the local server. As for the @render and @execute - do they need to happen after each file is uploaded or only after all the files are uploaded? I have to check but there might be an issue with values like @region.

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/858817#858817