File upload widget?

Michal Petrov richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org
Wed Mar 5 09:00:47 EST 2014

As I mentioned on the meeting the fileUpload wasn't working for me, not even the current iframe-based version. As it turns out I can only get it to work on WildFly-8.0.0.CR1 (Mojarra 2.2.4-jbossorg-1), it doesn't work on WildFly 8 Final (Mojarra 2.2.5-jbossorg-3).

What I found out is that when the form is submitted the necessary parameters are not sent with it, especially javax.faces.ViewState. When JSF doesn't find the viewState parameter it skips the Apply Request Values phase which is where we check the files and put the upload events in a queue. There might be something in JavaScript, but if it doesn't find even the parameters sent by the standard XHR (I'll have to check that) I guess there is a bug.

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/860763#860763