[rules-dev] M1

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Sun Feb 11 11:51:46 EST 2007

    Mark,

    Follows the list of main features added to core/compiler I was able
to get from JIRA.
    Do you want me to ellabora on each item or the JIRA is enough and we
focus on documentation? I think it would be good to start a wiki page on
migration from 3.0.x to 3.2. What do you think?

    []s
    Edson

LANGUAGE IMPROVEMENTS

* New conditional elements: from, collect, accumulate, forall
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-486
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-337
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-341
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-218

* Full support to FOL: nesting of elements now complete
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-218

* Support to connective constraints:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-216

* Parser improvements:
- Keyword conflicts resolved
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-214
- Better support to line breaks
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-269
- Support to escaped characters inside strings
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-519

* Primitive type support: no more autoboxing/unboxing
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-527

* Support to Templates:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-330

* Support to additional predicate syntax:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-556

CORE IMPROVEMENTS:

* Shadow facts:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-44

* Support to constraints between fields of the same object:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-515

* Performance improvements
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-484
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-498
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-526

* Specialized "exists" node for performance:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-547

--
 Edson Tirelli
 Office: +55 11 3124-6000