[rules-dev] M1

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Sun Feb 11 18:55:59 EST 2007

Here's a small text that describes the most important improvements compared
to 3.0.x:

The IDE now supports debugging rules: breakpoints can be added in drl files
for rule right-hand side (consequences) and inside functions. Whenever a
rule breakpoint is encounter during debugging, the corresponding rule is
shown, and you can step through. Rule debugging is completely integrated
with standard java debugging, so both can be used at the same time.

A new Rules view allows you to get a quick overview of all the rules,
functions, queries, functions and globals in your workspace. You can also
quickly navigate to them by double clicking the selected element.

Support for the new language features (like from, collect, accumulate) has
also been included, and the IDE has been updated to support all other
changes to the core. And continuously improving and fine-tuning other
functionality, like adding filtering to the outline (and rules) view,
(configurable) caching of parser results, etc.

Kris