[rules-dev] Possible Bug: Nodes of inherited types with drools.getActivation().remove()

Arjun Dhar dhar_ar at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 21:29:30 EDT 2007

Edson Tirelli <tirelli <at> post.com> writes:

>    Arjun,   Did you tried to use agenda-groups

Thanks Edson,

Comment #1) Decision Tables do not support "Agenda-Group" for some strange
reason I cant figure out. Please see: DefaultRuleSheetListener
(But It is defined in ActionType, .... strange!)

Question 1) Can someone there modify it to include this as a patch? Am sure it
wont be much effort. I could do it (should I modify the base or provide an
extension??), but not sure if it would feed back ASAP into your code base :o)

Comment #2) Another request. Many a time for the same business rules, one may
want to turn activation-group on or off; using a global config. Is there some
way of controlling them without touching the rules? This would be a great
feature if not already present as it would allow people to re-use their rules
without having to touch them.
Question 2) Does this already exist? Example: For a Rulebase turn on activation-
group feature or turn it off.

Comment #3) I had a feeling you'd mention 'rule flows' :o) but unfortunatley
because it was just released and requires more study its a risk for
implementation and requires a higer learning curve for business and also the
way business would like to express rules, so currently not practical for me.
Decision tables currently has a great market appeal. I'm sure I can phase it
off once Rule flows gains maturity and will contribute back by researching on
it in the mean time.

Thanks & regards,
Arjun