[rules-dev] Drools, JBRMS and repository...

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 19:29:40 EDT 2007

Hi Bruno - I am just re-working that configuration stuff as we speak.

So there will be a components.xml that allows you to specify the home, in
that home, it will auto generate a repository.xml, which you can
subsequently edit, as you mention.

In terms of maven, follow the build-readme.html in the drools-jbrms root -
requires maven 2 be installed.

As for compiling and executing, that part is not done yet (as it needs to be
remote accessible - so the "client" process can be outside of the rules
server - which it would normally be, or at least often be).
We have drools-compiler integration for basic validation, but Edson is
beaving away integrating the compiler - dealing with errors and reporting is
quite difficult, and we have to have "content handlers" for all the
different formats wired in.

As for MySQL - I have not tested it with that. The version you have - the
repository.xml is generated in a default location by Jackrabbit. What you
can do, is keep the repository.xml where it is generated (usually relative
to the app server), and delete the other directories, you can then edit it
to connect to your database - and next time you start up, it will auto
generate the DB Schema in the target database.