[rules-dev] Handling Dynamic Input Data Behaviour

Anirvan Majumdar anirvan.majumdar at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:26:19 EDT 2007

Is there any way to circumvent the constraint that only getter methods can
be called from the asserted bean object? If the input data is dynamic in
nature and instead I capture it in a HashMap, then how can I retrieve
specific key-value pairs in the "when" block of a Rule?

Basically, I need to utilize a method, in the bean, which would have a
definition like:

<code>
public String getValue(String sKey){

     return (String)hmpData.get(sKey);

}
</code>

Can this getValue method be accessed by the "when" block? If no, then can
someone let me know which class in the source I might have to tweak to
extract a similar behavior from the engine?

Thanks a lot!
Anirvan