[rules-dev] Handling Dynamic Input Data Behaviour

Arjun Dhar dhar_ar at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 12:42:57 EDT 2007

Mark Proctor <mproctor <at> codehaus.org> writes:

> You need to alter the parser and the Extractor api, you also need to be
> able to deal with ShadowFacts, where we need to know the previous and
> current value.Further to that nested value should not change without
> notifying the parent fact in the network - i.e. correct network state
> must always been maintained. It's a complex area, we are looking at a
> work around that allows this declarative language, but rewrites it as
> an eval - so you don't get the performance advantages - but it's a
> quick work around for now.
> Mark

If what you want is the ability to extend the use of the class beyond what it
was designed for (like a Dyna Bean, I think it is that!), then as a work around
you could use 'eval' over your object methods also, but this practice is
discouraged for a few reasons.

The other more sophisticated approach is already given by Mark!

regards,
Arjun