[rules-dev] Refer to the 'Rule Name' within the Rule script

Arjun Dhar dhar_ar at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 11:51:42 EDT 2007

Hi,
 In JBoss Rules 4, the WorkingMemoryLogger is not applicable for the
StatelessSession.

For this and a whole other reasons, we are building a log framework more
extensive than the default one provided.

But, am hitting a small bottleneck. In the Log get the name of the Rule
executing.

One can copy the Rule names and put in an 'Action' column that logs it, but
this is not sophisticated I feel.

Q1) Is there anyway within the Rule script for me to refer to the rule name
that caused that action so that i may log it?
Any other approach that integrates with a custom log framework is welcome!

In the examples I've seen one explicitly puts a "reason", this may be a good
practice but is not always practical. Would request this feature if not already
there.

Q2) Can I run the engine as a Daemon serive(Out of the box solution)?
(I apologize for repeating this particular question; incase you have already
answered it please let me know)

thanks,
Arjun