[rules-dev] Documentation: BRMS on Weblogic using MySQL instead of Derby Database

Mike McMahon michael.mcmahon at activewire.net
Mon Oct 8 12:04:26 EDT 2007

Paul,
thanks for the great info. Like you I have reconfigured jackrabbit to
use a (non-derby) database and here are some comments:

1) I find the speed is about 20X slower this way versus using derby
(almost unacceptably slow.. maybe because I use JNDIDatabaseFileSystem?)

2) if you prefer to use a WebLogic connection pooled connection it goes
like this:

    <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager">
        <param name="dataSourceLocation"
value="java:comp/env/jdbc/MyJndiPoolName"/>
        <param name="schema" value="mysql"/>
        <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
          <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false" />
    </PersistenceManager>

3) you can also use the database instead of local filesystem storage:

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.JNDIDatabaseFileSystem">
        <param name="dataSourceLocation"
value="java:comp/env/jdbc/MyJndiPoolName"/>
        <param name="schema" value="mssql"/>
        <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}"/>
</FileSystem>